CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Saturday, October 18, 2008

Air Guitaring Should Be an Olympic Sport

While I'm sitting here listening to Miss Murder and air guitaring uncontrollably, I figure I should do something constructive. Therefore, I'm posting in my blog.
Yeah, real constructive, right?
Anyway, I figured I would enlighten y'all about some interesting facts about Air Guitaring.
Did you know that world wide air guitar competitions actually take place?
Oh yes, it's very true. I had to do an essay about the air guitar for my English class (no joke) and I came across this website:
http://www.airguitarworldchampionships.com/
This is a serious competition, with rules and evrything. It's held in Oulu, Finland, with many air guitar rockers who enter from all over the globe.
This year's winner was from our very own USA, and did us proud with his superior stage presence and amazing air guitar skills.
Who is this person shaking up Finland, you may ask?
Craig "Hot Lixx Hulahan" Billmeier, is who!
You can watch his preformance and find out all about the Oulu Music Festival (host of the championships) on the aforementioned website.

And you can take that to the bank!

From your informative, air guitaring friend -
~Holly~

0 comments: